“I awoke early with those words upon my heart and lips, Jesus Christ is risen today; Hallelujah! Hallelujah! From that hour peace flowed in rich abundance into my soul; and at the Lord’s Table in our chapel, I had the sweetest access to God through my blessed Savior.”
Dang was encouraged today at CORE Theology, looking at the past of Student Christian Ministry, hearing stories of Guiness, IFES, SCM, CICCU, IVF amongst many other names and organisations. To look at the past of Christian Ministry and see it’s effects on us now, it’s ups and downs, to learn from it, to study from it, to move on from it but more than just that, to praise our God in seeing His Glorious work through our Brothers and Sisters in Christ through time. If you have the time, would greatly encourage you to check out a bit more about Charles Simeon’s life, I’ve barely scratched it and I’m captivated by His life for Christ. Praise God for His glorious work. Sinner’s remarkably used by God.
Barely scratched some of the history of the last 200 years of Christian Ministry on Campuses and Universities in areas of the world. It’s crazy. Check out all those names, seriously good stuff being done there. Obviously with it’s own mistakes and flaws, but it’s awesome to be seeing the stuff our brothers and sisters in Christ in the past have done through Christ.
- John Rightcliffe? (dunno how to spell his name haha)
- IFES – International Fellowship of Evangelical Students
- Particularly look at Cambridge University from about 1848 onwards, lots of good stuff started there
- D.L.Moody – An American Evangelist who preached in 1882 at the CICCU mission on campus (which in itself is pretty sick, DEF CHECK IT OUT)
- SCM – Student Christian Ministry
- IVF – Intervarsity Fellowship (Now known as UCCF – Universities and Colleges Chrisitan Fellowship)
- Howard Wyndham Guiness (INSANE DUDE)
- Howard West Kilvinton Mowll
- Charles Simeon (I cannot even… this guy actually insane… God’s pretty huge…)
Hope this will bless you! Definitely mad encouraged me and drove me to worship God today for sure, praise Him for the work He’s done, obviously in this, but ultimately in the cross. In His sending of His Son, to serve us, to die for us, the pure for the filthy, the innocent for the guilty, the sinless for the sinners. That He would save and bring His elect back to relationship with Himself, to give them the best thing anyone could ever have. Himself. And eternity with Himself. This life is momentary, and has eternal consequences, let’s go hard out for His Kingdom. World’s momentary, people are eternal, whether that be in Heaven or Hell. Let’s preach His Gospel for His Kingdom, His Praise, His glory. Come on.
Bboy 3:16 – Blank Canvas Crew
Jesus, Dance, No Turning Back